Duty Station: Kampala
LendXS (www.lendxs.com) is a Netherlands-based fintech company focused on improving rural financial inclusion in Africa. The LendXS solutions enable financial institutions to provide financing to smallholder farmers, small Agri-enterprises and other rural clients at lower cost and risk. The services provided by LendXS include easy-to-use digital data collection, credit workflow management, credit scoring and loan monitoring tools. LendXS operates from its offices in Nairobi, Accra and Abidjan.
LendXS is part of Financial Access (www.facsglobal.com), the ex-ING Bank financial services advisory firm that designs and delivers innovative solutions to accelerate financial inclusion in emerging markets. Through the use of data-driven financial analytics combined with its extensive operational banking expertise FACS develops less risky and scalable rural financing models and customized investment opportunities for banks, microfinance institutions and (impact) investors.
For our office in Kampala, we are looking for a motivated and qualified IT Project Manager that will oversee the implementation of the LendXS system for our financial services clients. In this role the Project Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and the overall execution of LendXS projects and tracking the projects’ progress and results. He/she will report to the LendXS COO.
The Project Manager role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
• He/she will be LendXS key contact person for LendXS customers in Uganda during implementation, go-live and throughout the lifecycle of the customer
• Supervise projects in close collaboration with LendXS Product and Business Owners to ensure that they meet client requirements and are implemented on time and within their specified budgets.
• Set project goals with LendXS clients and prepare project implementation plans and budgets.
• Maintaining project timeframes, budgeting estimates and deliver status reports.
• Coordinating project team members and developing schedules and individual responsibilities;
• Use project management tools to track project performance and report on schedule adherence
• Conduct risk assessments for projects
• Plan for and conduct user training together with the product owner and the client engagement manager
• Work closely with the clients, organize regular meetings to discuss project goals, planning and report on execution progress.
• Pay attention to detail to assure quality delivery and full client satisfaction.
• Any other duty or task that might be assigned by the line manager from time to time
Qualifications and experience
• Master’s Degree in computer science or information technology.
• At least 5 years of project management experience in the financial services sector.
• Advanced computer skills and in-depth knowledge of different bank operating systems, network administration and service desk administration.
• Project management and supervision skills for managing projects and the staff involved.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and ability to explain technical issues.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to handle any issues that occur during project execution.
• Organization and time management skills to keep projects on track and within budget.
• Good team player.
• Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills.
• Market-based compensation
• Stimulating, dynamic and international work environment
• Excellent opportunities for further professional development and career advancement If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org